Hot Chocolate Highlights November Wrap Up (My Unofficial Hiatus Has Ended)

4:07 PM




Hello Blogosphere!













Some of you may have noticed that it's been quiet on my blog over the past month. I didn't plan on taking a break from blogging during November, but I ended up doing so about halfway through the month because I'd piled too much on my plate. As such, this Hot Chocolate Highlights post will be a little sparser than usual. Never fear though, I shall start posting regularly again this month.

Nov. 13th The Importance of Backstory and Character Development



Print Copies
The best book I read in November was Illuminae by Jay Kristof and Amy Kaufman. While it did take me a while to get used to all of the text speak, the story line and the unique formatting of the book made for an interesting read. I rated it 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

1. I attempted to write a brand new story during November for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). Ultimately, I had to set the story aside after writing almost 12,000 words of the 50,000 word goal because work got so hectic. I'm glad I made the decision to put the story on hold even though it meant that this was the first year I didn't win NaNoWriMo.

2. I experienced a lot of writer's block in November, but I'm hoping this next month will be a fresh start.

 I went to see the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them with my roommate, and the Harry Potter nostalgia hit me pretty hard. Seriously, when I heard Hedwig's Theme in the opening credits, my heart squeezed a bit. The last Harry Potter movie came out in 2011, and I thought that would be the last time I'd hear it in a movie theater. To hear it again five years later made me feel so happy!



Overall, I was pleased with the movie. The special effects are delightful, and I'm interested to see how the series will play out in the upcoming films. The character Jacob Kowalski stole my heart. He's  a good-natured muggle (sorry J K., I'm not going to use no maj) who's so excited to be included in the magical world. He basically represents all of us who have read the Harry Potter books and wish we had magic too.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook