Rapunzel the Hacker

6:33 AM

Summary of Cress

In the third installment of the Lunar chronicles, Cress, having risked everything to warn Cinder of Queen Levana's evil plan, has a slight problem. She's been imprisoned on a satellite since childhood and has only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress a great hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue of Cress involving Cinder, Captain Thorne, Scarlet, and Wolf goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes as a high price. Meanwhile, Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.


Summary from goodreads

Review

Cress, the third book in the Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer, has reinstated my faith in the series. After reading the second book, Scarlet, and not liking it as much as I liked the first book, Cinder, I was nervous that I wouldn't like Cress. I am happy to report that I highly enjoyed reading Cress. The story follows the original characters from books one and two, as well as introducing some great new characters as well.

First of all, I love, absolutely love that Cress is a programmer/hacker. She's smart yet flawed. After spending seven years alone on a satellite orbiting Earth, she's understandably naive and a bit scared of the world. At first, I'll admit, I wasn't sure if I was going to like Cress because she seemed to be the meeker female heroine typical of fairytales, but she grows throughout the story.

Another favorite character of mine in this book is Captain Carswell Thorne. His roguish charm is such a delight to read. The relationship between him and Cress also develops realistically, which I like.

As with all of the books in the Lunar Chronicles so far, I did predict a lot of things before they happened which is why I ended up giving Cress by Marissa Meyer 4 out of 5 on goodreads. I took a look at the next book in the series, Winter, and saw that it's over 800 pages long. I fully intend on reading it, but I don't know that I have enough time to squeeze it in before the school year starts. Maybe I'll save it for winter break when I'll have more time to read it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook